Sunday, January 30, 2011

Myself and Commodore Warwick

Today, January 30, 2011, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Commodore Ronald W. Warwick aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California. I introduced myself to him and told him what an honor it was to meet him, and then we chatted about the new Queen Elizabeth, the original Queen Mary and how unique and lovely each ship is. I cannot begin to say how happy I was to meet him; even more so when he agreed to take a photo with me:

When I ran into him and his wife Kim later, I presented them with a few gifts to take home as keepsakes. What the Commodore did next, though, I did not anticipate whatsoever. He insisted on giving me something, so he took his QE2 pin off his lapel and gave it to me. I was absolutely touched, and thanked him profusely. To say that Commodore Warwick is a kind and generous man is an understatement!

I don't think it will surprise anyone when I say that I will treasure this gift until my dying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment